- 4 cups of sugar (turbinado, white or a combo of brown and white will work)
- 1 cup of organic extra virgin coconut oil
- 1 cup of organic extra virgin olive oil
- About 40 drops of essential oils
- A glass or metal bowl
- 4 6oz Mason Jars or Peta Plastic Containers
- And some plastic gloves
In a large glass or metal bowl, pour in sugar, coconut oil and olive oil. Be sure to use organic, and extra virgin oils since it will be going on your skin! Quality oil makes quality products! Now put your plastic gloves and and squish it all together! The gloves not only protect your hands from the scrub, but protect the scrub from you hands. Once you’ve incorporated the sugar and the oil, add your essential oils and mix it up some more! I only use Pure Therapeutic Grade Essential Oils.
For sugar scrubs there are tons of flavors that work!
- Peppermint would make awesome Candy Cane Scrub
- Lavender would make a calming Scrub
- Wild Orange would make an invigorating Scrub
- Ginger and Lime make a delicious smelling Scrub
The possibilities are endless!
My favorite flavor is Wild Orange and Peppermint together!
Remember, especially if you are using citrus oils to put your scrub into either glass jars or peta plastic jars! Happy scrubbing!