One of the things I miss (every once in a while) about eating clean and paleo is candy. I love to make no- bake balls of yummy goodness to eat. This recipe is a big hit with my entire family and I often bring it as a dessert that I know our family can eat to family gatherings or get togethers.
Inside Out Chocolate Nut Butter Balls:
2 cups of all natural almond butter (or any nut/ seed butter of your choice)- we get our fresh ground from our Co-op grocery store, but any all natural almond butter that only contains almonds and salt in the ingredient list will work.
- 1 cup of mini chocolate chips ( I like Ghirardelli the best).
- 3/4 cup of raw honey (it can be creamed or liquid- both work great)
- 1.5 cup of shredded coconut divided (if you don’t like the texture of shredded coconut, you can use coconut flour instead)
- 2 Tablespoons of Chia Seeds
You can also jazz it up with ground spices or essential oils if you’d like.
Here are my favorite add ins: (make sure you are only using certified pure therapeutic grade essential oils)
- 1 drop of Cinnamon Essential Oil
- 3 drops of Orange Essential Oil
- or you can do 1 Teaspoon of ground cinnamon
You can make this by mixing by hand, or putting ingredients in your stand mixer with your dough attachment on.
Combine: nut butter, chocolate chips, honey, chia seeds, essential oil or ground cinnamon and 1 cup of coconut and mix until thoroughly combined.
Once the mixture is combined you can roll them in the palms of your hand until small balls form. They are excellent rolled and coated in finely ground coconut and/ or cocoa powder! This keeps them from sticking to everything! Too tempting to have an entire recipe around the house? These freeze really well my friend!